Booking Fees and Planning Charges
- All air tickets are subject to a non-refundable processing fee payable at the time of ticket issuance.
- A non-refundable $250 per person planning fee is due prior to ground itinerary planning begins.
Cancellation Charges for Land Tours
If, after receipt of deposit, cancellation is made for any reason other than our inability to provide the type of accommodation requested, Esplanade Travel will impose the following per person fee:
- If cancellation is received more than 90 days before departure, charges will be levied in the amount of 20% of the land cost
- If cancellation is made between 89 and 60 days before departure, charges will be levied at 25% of land cost plus deposit paid
- If cancellation is made between 59 and 30 days before departure, charges will be levied at 75% of land cost
- If cancellation is received within 30 days or less of departure, 100% charges will be levied
- Airline change and cancellation penalties will apply after ticketing
Comprehensive Travel Insurance is available for your trip through our partner, Travel Insured. Travel insurance can cover your trip value in the event of cancellation, delay, interruption, or missed connections. Travel Insured’s comprehensive insurance can also cover you for emergency accident and sickness medical while overseas along with emergency medical evacuation. Pre-existing medical conditions can also be covered. Certain destinations and properties require you to have travel insurance. A Cancel for Any Reason upgrade is available for an additional amount. This allows you to cancel for any reason (not already covered under Trip Cancellation) more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure date. Benefits include up to a 75% reimbursement in cash of your prepaid, non-refundable travel payments or deposits.
All prices quoted are based on the exchange rate of the local currency into US Dollars and are subject to change.
Esplanade Travel reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any tour element prior to departure and to revise the standard day-by-day itinerary should circumstances require it. Esplanade Travel is under no obligation to give breakdown costs involved in any program.
Deposits and Final Payments
- A 20% per person deposit is required to at the time of confirmation to book touring arrangements.
- Final payment for touring arrangements is due no later than 90 days prior to departure.
- Bookings made within 90 days of departure require full payment upon confirmation.
- Airline ticketing time limits differ and will be explained at the time of reservation.
- Airline tickets must be paid in full at the time of ticketing.
Esplanade Travel Service, Inc., d.b.a Esplanade Tours, and their cooperating agents act only in the capacity of agents for the passenger in all matters pertaining to hotel accommodations, sightseeing and transportation whether by air, motor coach, barge, train, boat or any other means as such and hold themselves free of responsibility for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late air, coach, barge, train or boat arrivals and departures or by any change of schedule or other conditions; nor will Esplanade Travel be responsible for the loss, or of damage to baggage or any article belonging to the passenger. Esplanade Travel cannot be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, death or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of any defect in any vehicle or through the acts or defaults of any company or person engaged in carrying out the purpose of which all orders, tickets and coupons are issued by our agency. We cannot be held responsible for losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in airline or boat services, illness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other causes. These losses or expenses will have to be borne by the passenger. The airlines concerned are not to be held responsible for any acts, omissions or events during the time passengers are not on board their planes or conveyances. The passage contract in use by the airlines concerned shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines and the purchase of these tours and/or programs.